Peter Beck is a project manager in the fields of engineering as well as energy consulting at ECOS Consult in Osnabrück.
In addition to his technical expertise, he has special knowledge in the field of energy and environmental technology. For 30 years, the graduate engineer has been active in business consulting and project engineering with a focus on renewable energies, energy efficiency and combined heat and power.
From 1984 to 1988 he studied supply engineering at the Münster University of Applied Sciences, focusing on municipal and environmental technology. In the technical department of the Stadtwerke Kleve GmbH (gas and water supply) he made in 1989 his graduated engineer. Until 1992, he worked as a research associate at the Planning Group "Environmental and Technology Center Eppendorf" with the use of renewable energy sources in combination with hydrogen technology in Hilter.
Peter Beck has particular expertise in project management in an intercultural context as well as in research. Among other things, he contributes these to the following projects:
- Organization of a virtual fact finding mission / online expert workshop on "Industrial Waste Heat Utilization", (2021),
- Organizing and conducting webinars such as for EU Japan Center: The Market for Biogas Plants in Japan and Opportunities for EU Companies, 2021,
- German-Japanese Smart Community project in Speyer on behalf of a Japanese consortium,
- Leading German-Dutch projects (funded by the EUREGIO) such as the "Micro-CHP - New Opportunities for the Crafts" (since 2010) and "Decentralized Energy Use of Biomass with New Technologies",
- Preparation of studies and reports, in particular in the field of energy for German and Japanese companies,
- Planning and organizing seminars and information trips such as the 5th German-Japanese Environmental Dialogue Forum "From the Electric Car to the Smart Home: Intelligent Solutions for a Sustainable Energy Future" (2013) and the information tour "New Opportunities in the Japanese Market - The Japanese Electricity Generation Market / Heat Generation from Renewable Energy "(2012), the International Stirling Forum (1992-2008) and the seminar series" Energy Efficiency as an Entrepreneurial Opportunity "(2006-2009),
- Organization of a "Low Temperature Solar Thermal and Solar Assisted Cooling" information tour through Germany for Japanese experts and multipliers in the field of solar thermal energy on behalf of the BMWi. Here a network event facilitated the exchange between the Japanese participants of the trip and German experts (2010).