2. German-japanese Biomass Day
- Location: Tokyo
Climate protection and potentials for the regional development by the use of biogas
After the great success of the 1st German-Japanese Biomass Day in November 2013 in Tokyo and Morioka (over 300 participants) a 2nd German-Japanese Biomass Day will take place this year in Tokyo.
The main aspect of this year’s Biomass Day organized by the Fujitsu Research Institute and ECOS will be biogas. Special focus will be placed on the importance of biogas for climate protection and how regional development potentials can be reached by using biogas.
The final panel discussion will explore possibilities of German-Japanese cooperation in the Biogas sector.
Ahead of the symposium in Tokyo the German delegation will visit biogas plants in Obihiro, Hokkaido and will have the opportunity for joint discussions with local experts and biogas plant owners.
Remarkable is also the cooperation with different ministries from Japan and Germany: The second German-Japanese Biomass Day is supported by
- the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU),
- the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL),
- the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and
- the Ministry of the Environment Government of Japan (MoE).
tel: +49 (0)541-911 909 90