Since 1990 Yuriko Meemken has worked for ECOS as Japan Business Supporter and Project Coordinator. Japanese is their native language.
After studying at the Tanaka-Chiyo University of Applied Sciences in Tokyo, she worked from 1978 to 1983 in the marketing department of a textile company in Tokyo. She spent a year studying English in London and then spent two years marketing in a company in Paris.
Yuriko Meemken has special skills in intercultural project management, in communication with Japanese partners, as well as in layout. This brings them among others in the following projects:
- Support and coordination of the Environmental Dialogue forums (UEDF),
- Coordinating with Japanese colleagues at "Solar Day" in Japan,
- Coordination with Japanese colleagues of the "Biomass Day" in Japan,
- Project management and communication support for the "German-Japanese Smart Community Project" in Speyer,
- Support and coordination with Japanese fact-finding mission partners, e.g. in terms of sustainable construction, electromobility and power to gas.