Johanna Schilling has been Managing Director of ECOS Consult since 2021.
She started at ECOS Consult in January 2000 as a project manager, and became an authorized signatory in 2006. She is fluent in Japanese.
From 1992 to 1998 Johanna Schilling studied Japanese and German at the University of Trier. She also spent a year studying at the Chiba State University in Japan. During this time she was a scholarship holder of the Japanese Ministry of Culture and the German Academic Exchange Service.
She has special expertise in German-Japanese cooperation in the areas of project management, business consulting, public relations, trade fair participation, event moderation and management training. She has been responsible for the following bilateral projects, among others:
- Virtual fact finding mission / online expert workshop on "Industrial Waste Heat Utilization", (2021),
- German-Japanese Energy Transition Council (since 2016),
- German-Japanese Environmental and Energy Dialogue Forum (annually since 2007),
- German-Japanese Economic Forum (annually since 2006),
- German Pavilion at the Home and Building Show (annually since 2005),
- Management training seminars for the development of intercultural competences.